The Nigerian Exchange Group (NGX Group) is a leading integrated market infrastructure provider in Africa, championing the development of Africa’s financial markets. See more Nigerian Exchange Group Job vacancies Here >>
Nigerian Exchange Group Recruitment is to fill the following position below:
Job Title: Server / Desktop Analyst
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Full-time
- We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Server/Desktop Analyst to join our dynamic technology services department. The Server/Desktop Analyst is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure.
- He/She engages in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure.
- He/She also ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organisational values, enabling staff, volunteers, and partners.
- Analysing system logs and identifying potential issues with computer systems.
- Assisting project teams with technical issues in the initiation and planning phases of the NGX’s standard project methodology (SDLC)
- Introducing and integrating new technologies into existing data center environments.
- Performing routine audits of systems and software and backups.
- Applying operating system updates, patches, and configuration changes.
- Installing and configuring new hardware and software (e.g. database systems).
- Adding, removing, or updating user account information, resetting passwords, etc.
- Answering technical queries and dealing with often frustrated users.
- Responsibility for security.
- Responsibility for documenting the configuration of the system.
- Troubleshooting any reported problems.
- System performance tuning.
- Accountable for the following systems: Linux and Windows (both physical and virtual) systems that support LAN infrastructure; Linux, Windows and Application systems that support security and email systems;
- Ensuring that the network infrastructure is up and running.
Person Specification & Required Qualification (s)
- B.Sc degree in Computer Science, Engineering discipline, Mathematics or Physics will be a distinct advantage.
- Minimum of 4+ years post National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) in server/desktop administration; experience within an exchange or financial services organization preferred.
- Systems Administration/System Engineer certification in Unix and Microsoft (preferred)
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
Application Closing Date
How To Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: email@example.com using “NGX Recruitment- Server/Desktop Analyst” as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted.
If you think this job post can be helpful to someone else, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, LinkedIn or Telegram using the buttons below. Thank you