Wema Bank Plc is the pioneer of Africa’s first fully digital bank, ALAT, and one of Nigeria’s most resilient banks. With decades of experience in the business of banking, Wema Bank has remained innovative in delivering value to its stakeholders. It is a proud partner to more than one million individuals, families and businesses across Nigeria, helping them achieve their personal and financial goals. Join Wema Bank Plc careers team today, and be part of our success story.
Wema Bank Plc recruitment is to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Strategy Analyst
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Full-time
Grade Level: SBO – DM
Department/Division: Corporate Strategy and Planning
- To ensure that the bank’s strategy aligns with the set goals and objectives.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the Head of Strategy to formulate and refine the company’s overall strategic vision, goals, and objectives. Contribute to the creation of long-term plans and initiatives to position the organization for sustainable growth.
- Conduct comprehensive market research and competitor analysis to identify emerging trends, opportunities, and potential risks. Provide strategic insights to support decision-making processes.
- Oversee the tracking and evaluation of key performance indicators (KPIs) and strategic goals. Continuously analyze data to assess the effectiveness of implemented strategies and recommend adjustments as needed.
- Develop weekly performance tracker for all branches and SBU’s; Mid-month reports, weekly income reports, etc.
- Provide advisory service to line management and supervisors with respect to executing on their targets
- Lead and manage strategic projects, ensuring successful execution within established timelines and budgets. Collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive project outcomes and ensure alignment with strategic objectives
- Develop and present oral and written reports, presentations, and informal feedback to line management and supervisors on relevant issues.
- Advise line managers on performance, evaluation process and the need to link performance management skill to aid improvement throughout the organization.
- Provides internal advice and support to all levels of the organization on the quality of economic analysis, methodologies, and frameworks on Key issues.
- Conducts analyses of policy proposals with macroeconomic implications
- Monitors and interprets current economic developments and domestic fiscal and monetary policy
- Analyzes economic conditions and policy initiatives of major trading partners
- Make projections of the economic outlook; and analyses major economic policy developments
- Ensures best practice in economic development research methods and technologies to develop all products and services
- Conduct economic analysis relevant to operational and policy issues in the organization
- Supervise and mentor strategy department team members. Encourage professional growth, foster a collaborative work environment, and ensure efficient resource allocation.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Effectively communicate strategic plans and initiatives to gain support and alignment.
- Identify potential risks and challenges related to strategic initiatives. Develop contingency plans and risk mitigation strategies to ensure successful outcomes.
- Drive a culture of innovation and continuous improvement within the strategy department. Encourage creative thinking and the development of cutting-edge strategies.
Minimum Educational Qualification:
- First Degree from any reputable University
- Must have at least 5 – 8 years cognate experience
- Knowledge of the bank’s products.
- A sharp eye for detail excellent attention to details
- Exhibit a high level of initiative.
- Strong people skills
- Data processing/collation skills.
- Manages work effectively.
- Data Analytics and Intelligence skills
- Presentation /communication skills.
- Strategic thinker.
- Training and facilitation skills
- Strong Leadership and influencing ability.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Strong leadership and team management skills, with a track record of guiding and developing high-performing teams
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving abilities, with a keen eye for detail and the ability to translate data into actionable insights.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, capable of conveying complex ideas to diverse audiences.
- Proven project management expertise, including the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong business acumen and a deep understanding of industry dynamics and market trends
- Strong statistics and econometric background
As per the Banks package
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
If you think this job post can be helpful to someone else, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, LinkedIn or Telegram using the buttons below. Thank you