White Soul Group is a leading Automobile sales and logistics company with presence in over 3 strategic locations across Nigeria. We offer first tier automobile sales and after sales, dedicated haulage and fleet management services. The company operating standards have always been at par with global industrial standards and meet requirement of all sectors. The organization is led by a strong leadership team, familiar with international best practices, qualified in providing services to several blue chip organizations with the aim geared towards exceeding customer expectations. The efforts of the management overtime have expanded the business presence beyond Nigeria and now in the United States of America with excellent partner’s across the country. In White soul motors Ltd, we ensure prompt, reliable and timely with delivery of services to our customers. Whatever your needs are, we are poised to meeting them effectively. Join White Soul Group careers team today, and be part of our success story.
White Soul Group Recruitment is to fill the following position below:
Job Title: Safety Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
Primary Purpose of the Role
- The Safety Officer is responsible for assisting in the development and delivery of road user safety and community road safety projects across the region.
- As a Safety Officer, you will be responsible for facilitating compliance with occupational health and safety (OSH) guidelines and train new truck drivers on the importance of road safety.
Also Apply For PalmPay Limited Job Recruitment (16 Positions)
- Evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of road user and community safety projects, monitoring project outputs and providing performance reports.
- Ensure coordination of projects with other agencies and stakeholders by maintaining necessary liaison during project or campaign development and delivery.
- Ensure the development of and delivery of strategic road safety projects by supporting lead and manage project teams.
- Carry out regular inspections of the fleet to ensure roadworthiness and compliance to minimum standards and specifications for operations.
- Monitor driver qualification file; hiring and selection process; on-boarding; route and vehicle familiarization to ensure drivers released for operation are fit and qualified.
- Keep an up to date register of the fitness to work of Truck Drivers and carry out checks and regular inspections to ensure only Truck Drivers with requisite trainings, good conduct, medical fitness, et. are assigned Trucks to drive.
- Carry out regular route audit and hazard assessments to ensure inherent risks are identified, documented and control measures proffered and communicated to the team.
- Conduct compliance audits at regulated depots, loading sites, and Institute a site/depot self-inspection protocol for all sites.
- Monitor and report non-compliance and violations by all employees and carry out regular patrol and spot check to identify same for the Captains.
- Intervene and manage reported incidents to ensure consequence to life, assets, company reputation is reduced to the barest minimum.
- Notify the company of occurrence of incidents and prepare preliminary reports for review and approval before sent to regulators.
- Review accident file contents for accuracy and documents needed
- Be involved in accident investigation and ensure learnings for incidents for prevention are implemented.
- Provide a comprehensive & accurate monthly report containing appropriate metrics and assure proper accountability is delivered for preventable accidents.
- Develop training plan and matrixes for Truck Drivers and all employees applicable to the operations.
- Ensure Truck Driver’s Defensive Driving Training (DDT) is valid and not expired and where involved in incident, rehabilitation training is organized.
- Organize any other specific training required or discovered based on route risk or any external factors identified.
Skills and Specification
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant fields.
- 3+ years relevant work experience.
- Must reside in Lagos.
- Experience in logistic/haulage sector is an added advantage.
- Ability to conduct periodic training when necessary.
Application Closing Date
21st July, 2023.
Also Apply For TradeDepot Job Recruitment (6 Positions)
How To Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV / Resume to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
If you think this job post can be helpful to someone else, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, LinkedIn or Telegram using the buttons below. Thank you