Airtel Nigeria is among the leading telecommunications service provider in Nigeria with it’s headquarter located in Lagos, the commercial centre of Nigeria. See more Airtel Nigeria Job vacancies Here >>
Airtel Nigeria Recruitment is to fill the position below:
Job Title: RAN Planning Engineer
Job type: Full-time
Job type: Mid-Senior level
About the Job
- Ensure optimal design of the Radio Access Network (RAN) Architecture across 2G, 3G, 4G and 5G technologies. Efficiently plan solutions for RAN projects, compile BoQs accurately and timely process Capex approvals to order the projects. Provide effective technical support during projects implementation.
- Proactively monitor BSCs and RNCs Capacity Utilizations and plan expansions in order to always guarantee the availability of the required capacity headroom and maintain quality voice and data services to the end-users.
Also Apply For Polaris Bank Limited Job Recruitment (5 Positions)
- Liase with Stakeholders- Core Network, Transport Networks and Operations Units to decide on the BSCs and RNCs locations.
- Follows-up on the development trends in the Hardware and Software solutions with RAN OEMs – ZTE, Huawei, Nokia and any other that may be approved by the Management.
- Ensure that RAN OEMs obtain Type Approval Certificates from the NCC for their hardware prior to deployment.
- Proactively track Hardware lifecycle and plan to modernize when required.
- Follows-up on general Radio Access Technology trends relating to Research & Studies towards updating Radio engineering guidelines accordingly.
- Monitor & analyze the 2G, 3G, 4G and 5G Radio Network Capacity utilizations and trigger expansions.
- Monitor Controllers (BSCs & RNCs) processors, interfaces and software licenses capacity utilizations and proactively plan expansions.
- Prepare and share the required weekly and monthly reports with the Stakeholders within the Opco and HQ as applicable.
- Comply with Airtel Capacity Management Guidelines and other Policy documents.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
- Relevant University Degree in Engineering.
- 8 years of experience in 2G, 3G, 4G, 5G an added advantage.
- Minimum of 6 years Planning & Optimization experience.
- Minimum of 5 years with vendors (Huawei, ZTE and Nokia) experience or well-known operators in telecommunication or related field.
- Excellent knowledge of the field of 2G/3G/4G/5 Radio Communication, Planning and Optimization.
- Good knowledge of performance management, data analysis and RAN software features.
- Strong background of 2G, 3G, 4G and 5G Technologies.
- Strong presentation skills and should be thorough in data analysis and handling.
- Good experience with vendor handling under MS contract.
Application Closing Date
Also Apply For Lance Trend Limited Recruitment (4 Positions)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
If you think this job post can be helpful to someone else, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, LinkedIn or Telegram using the buttons below. Thank you