Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries. See more Save the Children Nigeria Job vacancies Here >>
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Job Identification: 2399
Job Schedule: Full time
Team / Programme: Finance
Job Category: Finance
Reports to: Finance Coordinator
Staff reporting to this post: None
Contract Lenght: Open ended
Key Areas of Accountabilities
- Ensure proper supporting documentation and authorization before writing of payment vouchers in line with SCI financial procedures.
- Writing of Cheques as approved by relevant budget holders.
- Maintain proper filing and easy retrieval of finance documentation.
- Perform Bank related activities (Pick up Bank Statements, collect office running cash)
- Ensure weekly and month-end cash counts are carried out.
- Payment of participants and other SCI cash payments out of the office
- Cash Reconciliation General Ledger Offline spreadsheet for country office and all field offices
- Maintain optimum cash balances and advises the Finance Officer for cash replenishment (including emergencies)
- Conduct weekly or month-end cash count
- Registration of approved invoices in Agresso system
- Preparing Tax, NHF, and Pension payment schedules and cheques to be remitted to the Tax authorities and the various pensions’ administrators.
- Reconciliation for assigned balance sheet accounts.
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor or line manager.
Audit and Archiving:
- Assist during audit to retrieve all relevant documents for audit exercise.
- Assist others requiring information on transactions to retrieve relevant payment vouchers and documentation for their use.
- Lead on archiving of documents
- Internal: All budget-holders, in particular the CD and other SMT members.
- External: Auditors, Bank, Government bodies, include regulatory agencies.
Behaviours(Values in Practice)
- holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modeling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future-orientated thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members, and external partners, and supporters
- values diversity sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, and easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- Bachelor’s or Equivalent in Accounting
- Qualified or working towards professional qualifications.
Experience and Skills:
- 2 years experience in INGO or/and 1-year audit or accountancy work experience
- Attention to Detail.
Application Closing Date
1st August, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
If you think this job post can be helpful to someone else, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, LinkedIn or Telegram using the buttons below. Thank you