Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries. See more Save the Children Nigeria Job vacancies Here >>
Job Title: Finance Officer
Job Identification: 2564
Job type: Full-time
Job Category: Finance
Contract Length: Open Ended
Team/Programme: Finance/ Humanitarian
- Level 3: either the role holder will have access to personal data about children and/or young people as part of their work; or they will be working in a ‘regulated’ position (accountant, barrister, solicitor, legal executive); therefore, a police check will be required (at ‘standard’ level in the UK or equivalent in other countries).
- The Finance Officer has responsibility to manage payments, receipts, and disbursement of funds.
- He/she would be responsible for GLACOS registration and filling of all financial documents.
- He/she will also provide support to the finance unit.
Scope of Role
- Reports to: Finance Coordinator
- Dimensions: Solid line reporting
- Staff directly reporting to this post: Finance Assistant
- Technical responsibility: None
- Budget responsibility: None
Key Areas of Accountability
- Support payment of participants and other SCI cash payments out of the office
Financial Information and other support functions:
- Send out transaction’s listings and BVA to the awards department on the agreed dates
- Support all Budget holders in the preparation of phased budgets
- Provide support to budget holders in reviewing and understanding monthly financial budget monitoring reports and follow up on any recommended action points
- Prepare the GLACOS for all the recharges recommended by the budget holders after the 1st and 2nd review of the transaction listings.
- Provide support to Humanitarian Finance Manager with advice/training to budget holders on budget management.
- Support in the preparation of proposal budgets for the Humanitarian response.
- Support in providing codes where finance support is needed.
- Review of payment vouchers for accuracy and completeness
- Bank Reconciliation
- Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts 21410,11410,11220,52000
- Preparing SOF loaders for all new awards and realigned/ re-phased awards
- Provide information for management reports such as cost centre BVA’s, for budget holders to monitor budgets, on a regular and timely basis
- Monthly maintenance and update of Finance Accruals Tracker
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor or line manager
- Ensure proper and timely archiving of document
- Statutory Remittances
- Internal: All budget-holders, Bank Signatories and other staffs.
- External: Auditors, Bank, Government bodies, include regulatory agencies.
Skills and Behaviours (Our Values in Practice)
- Accuracy and timeliness in all areas of responsibility
- High level of accuracy in work, and ability to analyse complex sets of relationships and situations.
- Holds self and others accountable.
- Creating best-in-class EA function
- Future-orientated, thinks pro-actively.
- Working effectively with stakeholders to achieve common goals.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners.
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Designing more effective admin systems
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- Honesty, encourages openness and transparency, demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
- Level of Education – B.Sc./HND or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years post NYSC progressive relevant experience of working in finance
- Specified Study Area – Finance / Accounting
- Knowledge and experience in working with INGO.
- Excellent verbal communication and listening skills.
- Language Requirements: Spoken English-Excellent; Written English-Excellent
- Level of IT Expertise: Excellent (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.)
- Professional certificate in accounting and finance
- Good training and facilitation skills (for financial training/support to partners).
- Ability to multi-task, engage in long-term planning, meet deadlines, and handle last-minute demands; exercise patience, and adapt to changing circumstances.
- Ability to be creative and proactive health service improvement is essential.
Application Closing Date
8th August, 2023; 16:55
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
If you think this job post can be helpful to someone else, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, LinkedIn or Telegram using the buttons below. Thank you