MTN Nigeria’s vision is to lead the delivery of a bold, new digital world to our customers and our purpose is to make Nigerian lives a whole lot BRIGHTER by delivering relevant, accessible, high-quality telecommunications solutions that put them in control. See more MTN Nigeria Job vacancies Here >>
MTN Nigeria Job Recruitment is to fill the position below:
Job Title: Engineer – Operations ePayments and VAS, Information Technology
Job Identification: 2929
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Job Schedule: Full time
Job Category: MTN Level 2
Reports To: Manager – Operations ePayments and VAS
Division: Information Technology
- Assist in developing maintenance plans per application and carry out the maintenance of applications, re-configuring, building and testing components in accordance with OLAs and SLAs.
- Code applications in accordance with good security coding practices to ensure the application is free of most common coding vulnerabilities.
- Create and execute/coordinate technical test plans for application change, new deployment and upgrades.
- Participate in transitions of the application or technical architecture components to the testers.
- Fix any defects and performance problems discovered in testing.
- Continuous monitoring of Service Performance to ensure maximum service availability
- Effective management of changes to minimize service disruption and maximize service availability and quality
- Effectively work with other dependent teams such as Vendors, Service Management, Security team, Delivery and Engineering team, other Operations teams.
- Provide information timely for Audits and Security requests and ensure any gaps raised are closed
- Effective access controls to supported systems.
- Broad knowledge of the business processes within the Telecommunications sector.
- Specialized knowledge of IT support procedures, application construction, hardware technologies, systems integration and development techniques.
- Regular Stakeholder Engagement to understand business drivers and ensure system availability and performance to support the business.
- Work with other developers, designers, and architects to make sure that the configuration and custom components meet application requirements and performance goals.
- Ensure Incident and Problem resolution within SLAs
- First Degree in Computer Science or any related discipline
- UNIX shell scripting
- Application Developer/Business Intelligence
- PL/SQL and RDBMS knowledge
- CI/CD pipeline
- Cloud and Kubernetes
- ITIL standards
- Fluent in English.
3 – 7 years’ experience which includes:
- 2 to 3 years of experience in IT Development or IT Operations
- Experience working in a medium or large organization
- Working knowledge of:
- Project management principles, Agile principles and general technical management
- Broad knowledge base of application development using an array of application development tools
- Service Monitoring
- Application development lifecycles
- User Requirements analysis standards and methods
- DEVOPS Practices and Tools
- Managing Cloud Services and Licenses.
Application Closing Date
21st June, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Eligible Females and People with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.