First Bank of Nigeria Limited is the premier bank in West Africa with its impact woven into the fabric of society. See more First Bank of Nigeria Limited Job vacancies Here >>
First Bank of Nigeria Limited Recruitment is to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Company Secretary
Job Identification: 888
Job Type: Full-time
Also Apply For: Polaris Bank Limited Recruitment (2 Positions)
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assisting the Company Secretary in ensuring compliance by the Bank with applicable corporate governance codes, rules and regulations.
- Assisting the Company Secretary in attending to sundry requests from the Board and executive management for secretarial advice and guidance as well as in the resolution of sundry secretarial/regulatory issues.
- Assisting the Company Secretary in the administration of the electronic portal for the CBN Fit and Proper Persons Regime.
- Control of safe custody items deposited with the Company Secretary Department by other units within the Bank.
- Preparation and/or filing of statutory returns for the Bank, inclusive of the Bank’s Form of Statement under Section 733, CAMA.
- Providing financial control functions in the Department, including cost apportionment, review and adoption of Profit and Loss vouchers, call-over vouchers, Inter Branch Vouchers, etc.
- Compliance Officer for the Department.
- Other assignments and duties as may be assigned by the Company Secretary.
- As part of the Bank’s Information Security requirements, maintenance of the security of all Information entrusted to the staff and compliance with the principles and policies in the Information Security Handbook.
- Minimum Education: Bachelor of Laws (LL.B); Barrister at Law (B.L.;) Call to the Nigerian Bar.
- Minimum experience: 7-9 years post call to bar.
Key Competency Requirements:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Nigerian legal system.
- Banking and Company laws and regulations.
- Corporate governance principles.
Skills / Competencies:
- Customer Relationship Management
- Legal Advisory
- Legal Documentation
- Corporate Governance
- Stakeholder Management.
Application Closing Date
16th August, 2023 (08:31 AM).
Also Apply For: Dangote Group Recruitment (4 Positions)
How To Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
If you think this job post can be helpful to someone else, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, LinkedIn or Telegram using the buttons below. Thank you