MTN Nigeria’s vision is to lead the delivery of a bold, new digital world to our customers and our purpose is to make Nigerian lives a whole lot BRIGHTER by delivering relevant, accessible, high-quality telecommunications solutions that put them in control. See more MTN Nigeria Job vacancies Here >>
MTN Nigeria Job Recruitment is to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant – Financial Planning Management Reporting, Finance
Job Identification: 2849
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Job Schedule: Full time
Job Category: MTN Level 2
Reports To: Manager – Financial Planning (Management Reporting)
- To prepare, analyze, review, and report MTNN’s financial and operational performance and contribute towards the development of accounting practices to ensure MTNN complies with the highest financial management principles and accuracy of financial records.
- Develop and manage financial management systems, policies, and procedure, making appropriate recommendations for modifications and improvements.
- Undertake financial evaluation and projection for identified MTN Foundation projects, ensuring accurate deduction of taxes and prompt rendering of returns.
- Interpret accounting/financial information to evaluate the financial performance of MTNN business operations.
- Liaise with MTNF project coordinators, bankers, and suppliers to ensure efficient processing and payment of transactions.
- Review accounting transactions in financial statements for compliance with IFRS.
- Monitor cross system integration between MTNN & MTNF IFS, Hyperion.
- Undertake financial evaluations and projections for identified projects.
- Assist with year-end audit and statutory and regulatory returns to ensure compliance with relevant legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Assist with products/services review with the drafting of technical accounting opinions in accordance with IFRS.
- Engage relevant stakeholders, divisions, and Business Units for highlights of Key Performance Indicators and key observations noted.
- First Degree in Accounting or other Finance related discipline.
- A professional accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CPA).
- Fluent in English.
- 3 – 7 years’ experience including:
- Experience in mainstream financial reporting in a multinational organization.
- Experience in handling IFRS issues at an internationally affiliated audit firm.
- Experience in working with enterprise financial systems.
- Experience in telecommunications industry is an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
21st June, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Eligible Females and People with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.