MTN Nigeria’s vision is to lead the delivery of a bold, new digital world to our customers and our purpose is to make Nigerian lives a whole lot BRIGHTER by delivering relevant, accessible, high-quality telecommunications solutions that put them in control. See more MTN Nigeria Job vacancies Here >>
MTN Nigeria Job Recruitment is to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant – Financial Planning Business Planning, Finance
Job Identification: 2806
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Job Schedule: Full time
Job Category: MTN Level 2
Reports To: Manager – Financial Planning (Business Planning)
- To prepare, analyze, oversee, and manage the annual Business Plan (consolidated) and Forecasts for MTNN by applying fundamental budgetary concepts, practices, and procedures and ensuring it complies with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Review and analyze departmental budget requests, make recommendations for approval or modifications as required.
- Coordinate the uploading of the MTNN financial and non-financial Budget & Forecast on the Group’s consolidation software (Oracle and Hyperion Financial Management).
- Verify accuracy of data received from departments such as Assumptions, Headcount, Organogram and Opex, ensuring alignment with company strategy.
- Assist in the development of strategy documents and the preparation and automation of MTNN business plan in the Business Planning Software, ensuring that sub-projects are incorporated, and business plan calculations are accurate and realistic
- Assist in integrating other systems such as Magic, IFS with the Business Planning Software
- Facilitate effective budgetary control systems by providing the budget assumptions in explaining monthly OPEX variances, liaising with budget coordinators to facilitate timely submission of inputs
- Monitor adherence to standard budgetary working policies, processes, and procedures
- Supervise in the distribution of budget and related material, responding to enquiries regarding budget procedures and information from stakeholders
- Participate in the coaching of all budget coordinators in other divisions on budget presentation tools, business planning and other budget software.
- First Degree in any related discipline
- A professional accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA etc)
- Fluent in English.
- 3 – 7 years’ experience which includes:
- Finance, budget, or management reporting in a multinational organization
- Experience in a Financial Reporting function
- Experience in Data mining and analysis
- Experience in Enterprise Financial Systems
- Experience in telecommunications industry will be an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
21st June, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Eligible Females and People with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.