Matrix Energy Group is a fast rising indigenous and integrated Oil Marketing and Trading Company in Nigeria and was registered in November 25, 2004. See more Matrix Energy Group Job vacancies Here >>
Matrix Energy Group Recruitment is to fill the position below:
Job Title: Corporate Strategy and Planning Advisor
Job Opening ID: MEL1070
Employment Type: Full Time
- We are looking to engage a Strategy and Planning Advisor to coordinate the development, implementation, and monitoring of strategic and business plans for Matrix Energy.
- The successful candidate will lead the strategy, planning, and corporate performance monitoring function of the organization.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Facilitates the design and development of mid-long corporate and business strategy for Matrix Energy Limited
- Serves as a bridge between executive management and business units and functional heads in facilitating the breakdown and implementation of Matrix aspirations into executable action items.
- Define and communicate conditions, guidelines and steers for all strategy and planning exercises and ensure compliance.
- Assist Management in the formulation of strategies, business, and activity plans to maximize profitability and achieve corporate objectives.
- Cascade agreed business plans and scorecards from executives to business units and functions.
- Track and report the alignment of departmental objectives and define acceptable performance measures.
- Develop and monitor performance monitoring dashboards to ensure that deviations and slippages are reported with a view to correcting and providing required support.
- Facilitates and documents during scheduled corporate performance review meetings (Annual Corporate goal setting/review, MPR’s)
- Develop strategies and create models that will be used to assess the business climates, market trends and potential impact of any legal, fiscal or regulatory change.
- Provide advisory and insight on new business/growth opportunities, and present reports to the executive management.
- Coordinate annual corporate retreats and brainstorming sessions on specific company initiatives.
- Facilitate collaborative development of cross-business units’ strategies, initiatives, and contingency plans.
- Develop, nurture, and optimize intelligence gathering by continuously performing organization assessment, using tools and frameworks.
- Develop strategies to maintain intelligence networks and relationships within industry and government circles, and other identified channels.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Economics, Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or closely related specialty, with graduate degree (MBA) highly desirable.
- 6 – 10 years of relevant work experience in corporate development and strategic planning, business development, budgeting, performance reporting, and other related functions in oil and gas or consulting experience in the energy practice will be an advantage
- The candidate should be knowledgeable of the latest developments, drivers, and paths for the energy industry.
- Must be able to independently initiate research to formulate, coherently articulate, and present ideas and initiatives assessing issues or opportunities impacting the Company’s strategy or performance.
- The candidate must have strong presentation skills and will often interface with Executive Management and Board level, senior management team and external parties such as regulators etc. hence the successful candidate must within a short period be able to build the trust and respect of the Executive management, senior management, and peers.
- Experience in hands-on accounting and financial forecasting.
- Strong talent for developing conclusions and recommendations from complex set of data.
- Business Analytical Skills
- Business Performance Monitoring
- Planning and Budgeting
- Report presentation and writing
- Financial Modelling
- Market Research and Analysis
- Relationship Management
- Leadership / Supervisory
Application Closing Date
How To Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online