Oando Plc is one of Africa’s largest integrated energy solutions provider with a proud heritage. It has a primary listing on the Nigeria Stock Exchange and a secondary listing on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange. With shared values of Teamwork, Respect, Integrity, Passion and Professionalism (TRIPP). Start a new career journey today at Oando Plc.
Oando Plc Recruitment is to fill the position below:
Job Title: Tax Officer
- Supports the operation of the Tax Unit. This includes but not limited to provision of first draft of tax advisory and compliance documents for review and general support to management. Where required, interpret and provide specialist guidance on the tax laws and practice within Oando, applies relevant tax laws and principles to ensure optimal returns from the business’ tax portfolio as directed by the Tax Manager and Senior Tax Officer.
- Liaises with departments within the group to procure information required for tax processes and supports proper internal processes to ensure compliance with tax laws and regulations as well as avoidance of tax leakage.
- Fosters working relationships with external stakeholders like the tax authorities. As directed, provides regular awareness and exposure to the company on contemporary tax matters. Represent the company at external tax meetings as delegated / directed from time to time.
Major Responsibility Area
- Analyze information and input required for tax advisory.
- Execute actions required to ensure Tax compliance
- Preparation of tax reports and templates
- Support Tax Manager and Senior Tax Officer
- Prepare periodic reconciliation of tax accruals to actuals
- Ensure legal, accounting and mathematical accuracy of tax numbers
Key Performance Indicators:
- Support in the management of tax cash flows
- Support in the management of legacy tax liabilities
- Timely preparation of accurate tax numbers
- Timely filing of tax returns
- Issue resolution on tax matters
- Compliance with the tax laws and regulations
- Innovations on tax processes
- Cost savings and effectiveness on the tax processes
- Good tax background – Minimum 4 years cumulative experience in tax practice in a reputable tax firm, law firm, a role with some tax responsibilities or deliverables, or in house tax department of a reputable company or a mix of the above
- Part Membership of a recognized Accounting Professional Body (ACA / ACCA) will be an added advantage
- Legal qualification and / or experience will be an added advantage
- Good working Knowledge of tax laws and regulations
- Good tax computation skills
Scope of Responsibility & Accountability:
- Supports the Manager and Senior Tax Officer
- Adheres to directions from the Tax Manager and Tax Specialist to ensure the work done aligns with the established processes of the Tax Department
- Prepare first draft of tax accruals, compute tax assets and tax liabilities for approval by the Tax Manager and actively supports the Financial Reporting, Management Reporting and Budgeting processes as directed
- Actively supports the implementation of adequate internal controls in projects and operations to minimize tax exposures / leakages
- Prepares and supports the effective and timely computation and filing of tax returns
- Strong and effective Interpersonal Skills
- Numerate Abilities
- Working Knowledge of Oil and Gas Industry and Joint / Single Venture arrangements
- Very strong leadership with excellent negotiating and influencing skills.
- Income and Transaction Taxes management
- Computer Skills – Microsoft Office, Excel and Accounting software
- Ability to think strategically and holistically and provide direction and coaching to the team
Application Closing Date
How To Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
If you think this job post can be helpful to someone else, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, LinkedIn or Telegram using the buttons below. Thank you