Guinness Nigeria Plc is a member of Diageo Group the world’s leading premium Drinks producing Company and operates in 180 countries. Guinness Nigeria is the only Total Beverage Alcohol Company in Nigeria with a wide portfolio of brands catering to non-alcohol and alcohol drinkers, with non-alcoholic beverages, Spirits, Lager & Beers. The size and scale of our operations require that we collaborate with entrepreneurs who act as our business partners in various territories. Join Guinness Nigeria Plc career team today, and be part of our success story.
Guinness Nigeria Plc recruitment is to fill the position below:
Job Title: Returnable Assets Scheduler – West Africa
Job ID: JR1084760
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Job type: Full-time
Direct Reports: N/A
Also Apply For Dangote Group Recruitment (3 Positions)
Purpose of Role
- The Returnable Assets Scheduler’s role is to ensure the proper management of returnable packaging (bottles, crates, etc.) for its incorporation into the production lines, including the scheduling of the materials into the production plans, and coordinating the reverse logistics to ensure sufficient bottles are available to achieve an efficient production schedule without disruptions.
- The role is responsible of managing the stocks of glass bottles and crates, and proactively identifying materials requirements in the production scheduling process, in order to fulfil supply plans without disruptions. It is also responsible for providing inputs into New Products Developments, products renovation, and planned consumer promotions which are related to empty bottles management.
- This role is accountable for managing contract arrangements between suppliers of crates and bottles, considering quality, quantity, new bottle conversion and delivery to end-users.
- Returnable Bottles and Crates Scheduling
- Scheduling of other returnable assets (e.g. Kegs)
- Decision-making Support
KPIs (at country and at Africa levels):
- Empty Bottles & Crates Days Forward Cover & Inventory
- Empty Bottles & Crates Loss rate
- Empty bottle and crate Turnaround time
- This role covers Materials Scheduling for one or more of Diageo’s African markets: Nigeria, Cameroon, Ghana, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania
Financial and Operational Complexity:
(Details for the assigned market to be added)
- 7 Markets
- 16 Plants
- 52 Packaging lines
- 58 Warehouses
- ~600 SKU’s produced
- ~2500 SKU’s sold
- 32M EU cases
Ensure proper management of empty glass bottles, crates and other returnable assets for having efficient production runs:
- Create daily visibility of empties to support the packaging plan.
- Forecast and track daily empties return rate per SKU
- Plan empties stock transfers to support packaging plan and follow up with logistics on execution.
- Track and monitor empties return rate per site on monthly basis.
- Follow up on new empties conversion to make it available for packaging.
- Re-align empty bottles/crates flow, based on production schedules, storage spaces, short-term material availability and inbound/outbound flows.
- Create reports to aid effective decision-making within the manufacturing environment.
- Communicate empty bottles/crates availability constraints and work on alternatives on production and materials scheduling plans to fulfil requirements in the best way possible.
Also Apply For Coca-Cola Company Job Recruitment (2 Positions)
Qualifications and Experience Required
Skills and Capabilities:
- Baseline understanding of the end-to-end Supply Chain Planning processes; Supply Planning, Distribution Requirements Planning, Inventory Planning, Conversion, Logistics, Procurement, and Customer Service.
- Logical and methodical mindset with the ability to prioritize effectively.
- Strong analytical, organizational and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in quantitative and analysis-related roles, with an understanding of financial and operational dependencies.
- Resilience to operate in a fast-moving production environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of manufacturing capabilities and constraints.
- Good communication skills – verbal, written and presentation.
- Proficient in MS applications e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in the appropriate Supply Chain, Mathematical, Engineering, or Business Degree.
- APICS CPIM / CSCP or equivalent desirable.
- 1 to 3 years’ experience working within the Demand and/or Supply Chain Planning process; Consumer Packaged Goods Industry preferred
- Materials Planning or Production Planning experience desirable
- Baseline SAP APO or other planning software skills
Barriers to Success in Role:
- Lack of analytical and planning skills
- Lack of a methodical and structured mind-set
- Inability to operate in a fast-paced environment with focus on immediate results
- Inability to work in an operational manufacturing environment
- Inability to make decisions under pressure
- Inability to communicate materials constraints promptly and effectively.
Application Closing Date
Also Apply For Moniepoint Recruitment (8 Positions)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
If you think this job post can be helpful to someone else, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, LinkedIn or Telegram using the buttons below. Thank you