Jumia is a leading e-commerce platform in Africa with over 5,000 employees in more than 20 African countries. See more Jumia Nigeria Job vacancies Here >>
Jumia Nigeria Recruitment is to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Offline Sales
Location: Yaba, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
What is Offline Sales
- Offline sales channel’s objective is to overcome e-commerce main challenges of internet access, how to place an order online and trust. Therefore, it’s a key acquisition marketing, customer acquisition and sales channels.
- Finally, Offline Channels has the aim of empowering entrepreneurs and generating employment through the full support of the Jumia established a brand.
Also Apply For Polaris Bank Limited Job Recruitment (5 Positions)
- As Head of Offline Sales, you will play a key role in delivering exponential business growth through the offline space. You will do this by steering the existing agents’ performance, carrying out periodic recruitment and sales drives of new agents. You will propose initiatives and activities for the region that will impact business results positively.
- Most importantly, you will oversee the city activation expansion project that will take place in select regions in the country. You will lead and manage the planning and execution of the field activations in collaboration with the Regional Managers and J-Force agents.
- The Head of Offline Sales is expected to inspire and motivate the J-Force team by building positive relationships, developing routines, processes and structures that will contribute to delivering targets across key performance indicators as defined by the business.
- Drive day to day performance steering and management to deliver the Offline Sales KPIs.
- Manage the execution of the Offline Sales plan, ensure Jumia always has for each JForce consultant and their customer, the right products at the best price, at the right place.
- Understand offline market trends, J-Force consultants, vendors, and customers. Continually add valuable insights and convictions to support your recommendations.
- Work alongside the Commercial Planning team to deliver best in class performance steering across categories.
- Oversee the city activation expansion project that will take place in select regions in the country in collaboration with the Regional Managers, Commercial and Logistics teams
- Ensure tight control on budget used for indirect commissions and subsidies.
- Work very closely with the commercial department to plan the initiatives/campaigns in accordance with their own capacity and schedule.
- Work seamlessly across departments (i.e. Marketing, Logistics, Operations, Finance), to enable smart decision-making, problem-solving and ensure laser focus executions.
- Constantly working toward improving and simplifying internal processes.
- Work together with system teams to identify main opportunities for process automation and efficiency gains.
- Influence large number stakeholders across the business; work closely with the team members and other business groups to deliver results and be comfortable in presenting projects and results to senior leadership on a regular basis.
Also Apply For Green Africa Airways Limited Job Recruitment (4 Positions)
Expected Background, Skills, and Abilities
- An ideal candidate would possess significant (6-9 years) experience in:
- Sales and /or offline retail industry, Team management and a proven track record of impact
- Building networks
- Data analysis
- Marketing field activations
- Background in FMCG or Telco industry
- Strong analytical capability.
- Proficiency in MS Office especially Excel
- Leadership and management to lead the team above and beyond their capabilities and train them
- Strong interpersonal skills to motivate and convince internal and external stakeholders of Offline Sales vision
- Eager to spend time on the field with the teams, agents and other relevant stakeholders in the offline space
- Fast learner and well organized
- Performance driven, action and result oriented
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African e-commerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer term objective is to train the next generation of leaders
Application Closing Date
17th August, 2023
Also Apply For Workforce Group Job Recruitment (6 Positions)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
If you think this job post can be helpful to someone else, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, LinkedIn or Telegram using the buttons below. Thank you