MTN Nigeria’s vision is to lead the delivery of a bold, new digital world to our customers and our purpose is to make Nigerian lives a whole lot BRIGHTER by delivering relevant, accessible, high-quality telecommunications solutions that put them in control. See more MTN Nigeria Job vacancies Here >>
MTN Nigeria Job Recruitment is to fill the position below:
Job Title: Engineer – Transmission Core Planning, Network
Job Identification: 1098
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Job Schedule: Full time
Job Category: MTN Level 2
Reports To: Manager – Core Transmission Services
- To plan, optimize and manage MTNN’s core transmission capacity and services (especially in the Metro & Switch) to ensure achievement of MTNN’s network rollout objectives as per the annual and strategic business plan.
- Plan and design core transmission network capacity for mobile traffic and Enterprise services
- Plan and design network protection on critical transmission links
- Ensure adequacy of redundancy of critical transmission network elements
- Monitor capacity utilization and proactively release expansion plans for links approaching set threshold
- Provide detailed network diagram depicting the status of the core transmission network
- Plan packet synchronization, DCN and QoS mapping for MTN Converged Transport Network
- Support in the expansion of network capacity ensuring it takes place on schedule and as planned
- Ensure optimal capacity utilization and transmission asset optimization.
- A First Degree / HND in Electrical Engineering or a related discipline
- Fluent in English.
- 3 – 7 years of experience especially in Telecoms industry, including:
- Excellent knowledge of network transmission capacity planning, optimization and expansion for mobile and enterprise services backhaul using various multivendor network management systems such as Huawei/NCE-IP & Transport, Nokia/NFM-Packet & Transport, ZTE/Net-Nueman).
- Experience in routing/switching technologies and services planning based on the following protocols: IS-IS, OSPF, BGP, SR, Layer2/Layer3 VPNs etc.
- Good knowledge of Transport technologies (MPLS, Carrier Ethernet, OTN, and DWDM), link protection schemes (LAG, MSTP, APS, SNCP, ERP) and network synchronization planning.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office tools (word, excel, project and power-point) for data analysis, reporting and presentation purposes.
Application Closing Date
21st June, 2023.
How To Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Eligible Females and People with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.