The British Council is the UK’s international organization that promote cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. See more British Council Job vacancies Here >>
British Council Recruitment is to fill the position below:
Job Title: CMR & Logistics Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
Pay Band – Pay band 6
Department – Exams
Contract Type – indefinite contract
- This role combines CMR (Confidential Material Room) and logistics functions of managing logistics and quality of all materials to run Test Day including uniforms, banners, scanners and equipment.
- The role is also responsible for ensuring timely scanning and submitting of exam papers to meet requirements for marking.
Also Apply For Ecobank Nigeria Recruitment (3 Positions)
Main Opportunities / Challenges for this Role
- Drive right behaviors in the team toward greater awareness related to maintaining the confidentiality of sensitive exam-related materials
- Implement improvement actions in the distribution and logistics of handling confidential materials
Product Service Delivery:
- Oversees the functions of confidential materials handling and the Confidential Materials Room (CMR) to ensure British Council standards are met in set up and day to day operations.
- Plans and ensure sorting and packing of confidential exam materials for designated test venues.
- Leads the reconciliation of exam materials and papers received are as per plan, escalate any discrepancies.
- Plans for Test Day resources ordering, quality, distribution and management (e.g. process guides, stationery, branding/signage/ technical equipment – speaking test/hand scanners)
- Supports continuous improvement in efficiency / cost-effectiveness / quality of service delivery / systems in the team.
- Takes end-to-end accountability for researching and obtaining satisfactory and timely resolution of complex/escalated customer (internal or external) operational complaints and issues, coordinating input from other colleagues/departments/managers as required, to do so.
- Ensures the customer is kept informed throughout the process.
Risk & Compliance
- Ensures adherence to CMR standards and management as set forth and carry out frequent random checks to proactively prevent issues from arising.
- Provides support and reporting for audits and performance reviews.
- Follows agreed corporate risk management processes and procedures when delivering services (e.g. child protection, security policies, financial protocols, anti-fraud measures) to protect the interests of the BC and its customers at all times.
Analysis & Reporting:
- Using standard procedures and templates regularly records, analyses and reports on operational activity levels and performance data, to support senior managers in making timely and effective business decisions that respond to operational needs.
Also Apply For Sahara Group Recruitment (4 Positions)
Commercial & Resource Management:
- Manage courier SLA/performance standards and builds a relationship with the courier service provider in the country, proactively seeking out and updating the courier panel so that the quality of services and cost elements are in accordance with standards.
- Oversees team coordination for transportation and security requirements for the test day. Ensures team raises POs for care hire needed on test day.
- Oversight of exam equipment inventory (i.e. CICO tablets). Ensure accurate records are maintained for exam equipment. Work closely with IT, Facilities and Procurement team.
- University Degree in any relevant field
- Significant years of experience in a similar role
Role-specific Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience working in an operations environment managing confidential materials
- Experience of leading on the delivery of computer-based exams
- Working in a challenging environment operating against very tight deadlines
- Experience working in a compliant and regulated environment
- Has the ability to build relationships with external stakeholders (i.e. exam boards)
- Experience managing teams.
N10,989,828 gross per annum
Application Closing Date
31st August, 2023 (23:59 West African Time).
Also Apply For The Place Restaurant Recruitment (7 Positions)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
If you think this job post can be helpful to someone else, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, LinkedIn or Telegram using the buttons below. Thank you