Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. See more Mercy Corps Nigeria Job vacancies Here >>
Mercy Corps Nigeria recruitment is to fill the position below:
Job Title: CIPP Program Officer
Requisition Number: PROGR003939
Location: Markurdi Benue,
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Category: Programming
Supervisory Responsibility: None
Reports Directly To: CIPP Program Manager, with dotted reporting lines to the Deputy Chief of Party and the Chief of Party based in Abuja.
Works Directly With:The Program and Operational teams in Abuja and across CIPP’s states of implementation
Program / Department Summary
- The Community Initiatives to Promote Peace (CIPP) Activity is a 60-month Cooperative Agreement with the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and aims to strengthen skills and relationships that will empower communities to prevent and/or respond to violence and violent extremism and foster enabling environments for peace through policy advocacy, media outreach, and linkages to development programs.
- The CIPP Activity is implemented by Mercy Corps Nigeria in partnership with the African Radio Drama Association (ARDA), Interfaith Mediation Centre (IMC), Pastoral Resolve (PARE), Savannah Centre for Diplomacy Democracy and Development (SCDDD), and the Social Justice and Human Development for Peace Initiative (JDPC).
- The CIPP Activity is implemented in six states: Kano, Kaduna and Katsina (North-west), Benue, Kogi and Plateau States (North-central).
Also Apply For Stanbic IBTC Bank Recruitment (13 Positions)
General Position Summary
- The CIPP State Program Officer is responsible for the day-to-day implementation of the program in the assigned state.
- S/he will support the implementation of activities related to peacebuilding and conflict management with key actors such as farmers, herders, religious leaders, religious institutions, government institutions and other appropriate actors.
- The Officer will support the facilitation and implementation of joint conflict prevention and PVE plans, and the facilitation of events related to advocacy and relationship-building initiatives.
- S/he will also provide support to all other activities related to the USAID-funded CIPP Program and will ensure smooth, timely, and compliant implementation in the respective states.
- The Program Officer will liaise frequently with implementing partners, community members, conflict actors, religious leaders, and represent Mercy Corps at relevant meetings in the assigned state.
- The Program Officer will be directly supervised by the Program Manager, and work closely with other State-based Program teams, the Communications team, MEL team, GESI teams, Finance and Sub-awards teams, Operations team, Safety/Security teams to ensure that activities implementation are according to plan, schedule, budget and required quality.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Support technical aspects of the peacebuilding and conflict management program by assisting with the development of activities concept notes, budget and agendas, and curricula as appropriate.
- Facilitate and co-facilitate community meetings, events, and training as required.
- Ensure implementation of activities is on time, target, budget and right quality.
- Liaise with CIPP partner organizations and potential resource persons as needed.
- Support the Program Manager in overseeing the performance of program implementation by partners and conduct frequent field visits to program sites.
- Build strong relationships with key actors such as government MDAs, I/NGOs, CSOs, the private sector and the communities at large.
- In collaboration with the MEL team, coordinate the implementation of relevant surveys, needs assessments, data and information collection for ongoing monitoring.
- Develop activity work plans and manage day-to-day activity implementation in the state.
- Ensure that program implementation is responsive to community needs, meets targets, and is carried out in line with best practices.
- Establish and maintain effective program reporting, monitoring and evaluation systems (to track, analyze and report on results) for both internal and external use.
- Integrate community approaches, protection mainstreaming, gender sensitivity and capacity building into all activities as appropriate.
- Ensure effective community engagement to create enabling environment and ownership.
- Submit weekly program updates including success stories to supervisor.
- Update Program Issue Log, Risk Register and Incident Tracker as appropriate.
- Ensure program filing system is in place, adheres to internal and donor regulations and filing is regularly maintained.
- Adhere to all MC policies related to security, operations and transport/ logistics information related to programming.
- Undertake all the required training by Mercy Corps, and other professional advancement courses.
- Undertakes other assigned responsibilities that support all CIPP’s teams.
Representation And Coordination:
- Intentionally engage with government ministries, departments and agencies (MDAs) to sustain acceptance and promote collaboration with CIPP’s interventions.
- Represent Mercy Corps in the state at government, donor, NGO, and community meetings in close coordination with the Project Manager.
- Coordinate activities with implementing partners, local government representatives, religious leaders, and other international and local organizations operating in the same state/geographic area, as well as with other Mercy Corps programs in Nigeria
- As part of our commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient, and relevant to the communities they serve we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit Mercy Corps as well as themselves.
Finance And Operational Compliance:
- Ensure compliance with all Mercy Corps’ and Donor regulations.
- Ensure compliance with Mercy Corps’ Safety/Security procedures and policies as determined by country leadership.
- Proactively ensure that teams and program participants/recipients are aware of policies and operate in a safe/secure environment.
Accountability To Beneficiaries
- Mercy Corps team members are expected to apply international standards of accountability, specifically to our program participants/recipients and to guide international relief and development work, while actively engaging the program participants/recipients (government, communities, etc) as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of field interventions. Mercy Corps team members represent the agency both during and outside work hours.
- Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and MC’s policies, procedures, and values always, in all country locations/venues, and not jeopardize its peacebuilding interventions.
Also Apply For Airtel Nigeria Recruitment (6 Positions)
Knowledge and Experience
- BA/B.Sc Degree and above in Social Sciences such as Peace and Conflict Management, International Law, or related fields.
- 4 years and above relevant experience in implementing multifaceted conflict management and peacebuilding interventions in conflict and transitional contexts.
- Experience working with local and state government authorities, I/NGOs, traditional leadership, and community groups.
- Demonstrated and progressive ability for creative and flexible program design and implementation.
- Ability to effectively represent Mercy Corps to key stakeholders.
- Effective oral, and written communication and reporting skills in English language.
- Medium to high level of communication and facilitation skills in Hausa language (and other appropriate local dialects) will be an added advantage.
- Ability to work respectfully and effectively with socially, ethnically, and religiously diverse teams and groups in sensitive environments.
- Possess internationally recognized professional certifications in project or program management, or a commitment to obtain the qualification in the early months of work.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines, and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
- Experience managing community-based peacebuilding and conflict management interventions.
- Strong training and capacity-building experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of the conflict dynamics in Northcentral Nigeria.
- The most successful Mercy Corps staff members have strong commitments to teamwork and accountability, thrive in evolving and changing environments, and make effective written and verbal communication a priority in all situations.
- Must be able to work independently and show initiative. Strong leadership, communication, and management skills are essential. Understands peacebuilding principles and their application to program implementation. Must be able to solve problems and multi-task on a range of administrative and programmatic issues. Able to interact effectively with international and national personnel is required.
- Charismatic and inspires confidence from team members.
- Pays attention to detail and capable of carrying out given tasks as effectively as possible.
- Dedicated and devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Inspired to perform well and able to contribute to the success and impact of the program and the organization.
- Inspired to complete assigned tasks within authorization.
- Inspired to research extensively and perform with little help.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
- Achieving our mission begins with how we build our team and work together. Through our commitment to enriching our organization with people of different origins, beliefs, backgrounds, and ways of thinking, we are better able to leverage the collective power of our teams and solve the world’s most complex challenges.
- We strive for a culture of trust and respect, where everyone contributes their perspectives and authentic selves, reaches their potential as individuals and teams, and collaborates to do the best work of their lives.
- We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a journey, and we are committed to learning, listening and evolving to become more diverse, equitable and inclusive than we are today.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
- Mercy Corps is an equal-opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination on any basis. We actively seek out diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills so that we can be collectively stronger and have a sustained global impact.
- We are committed to providing an environment of respect and psychological safety where equal employment opportunities are available to all.
- We do not engage in or tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, colour, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability (including HIV/AIDS status), marital status, military veteran status or any other protected group in the locations where we work.
Safeguarding & Ethics:
- Mercy Corps is committed to ensuring that all individuals we come into contact with through our work, whether team members, community members, program participants or others, are treated with respect and dignity.
- We are committed to the core principles regarding the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse laid out by the UN Secretary-General and IASC and have signed on to the Interagency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme.
- We will not tolerate child abuse, sexual exploitation, abuse, or harassment by or of our team members. As part of our commitment to a safe and inclusive work environment, team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner, respect local laws and customs, and adhere to the Mercy Corps Code of Conduct Policies and values at all times. Team members are required to complete mandatory Code of Conduct e-learning courses upon hire and on an annual basis.
Application Closing Date
28th July, 2023.
Also Apply For Coca-Cola Company Job Recruitment (2 Positions)
How To Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Applicants should have their CVs and Cover Letters in one document addressing the position requirements.
- Female candidates who are qualified are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you think this job post can be helpful to someone else, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, LinkedIn or Telegram using the buttons below. Thank you