Oando Plc is one of Africa’s largest integrated energy solutions provider with a proud heritage. See more Oando Plc Job vacancies Here >>
Oando Plc Recruitment is to fill the position below:
Job Title: Governance Officer
Reports Directly to: Governance Manager
Reports Indirectly to: Head, Governance
Responsible For: NYSC/Interns
Overall Purpose of Job
- Provide corporate governance services for effective operations of the Group Governance Office and to ensure the efficient administration of the Company’s Governance framework whilst realizing business objectives, preserving corporate integrity, mitigating and minimizing legal and financial exposure.
Also Apply For: MTN Nigeria Recruitment (6 Positions)
- Coordinate all matters relating to the arrangement of the Board Meetings (including committee meetings) and Annual General Meetings of Oando Plc and its subsidiaries – prepare notices of meetings, handle logistics of venue, catering, accommodation and transportation and sit in on such other meetings as assigned by the Corporate Secretariat Manager
- Take and transcribe accurate minutes of the Board of Directors and its committees
- Effectively coordinate all matters relating to Directors’ induction, training, meetings calendar, directors payments and general Board administration while maintaining standardized Board processes across the Group
- Liaise with the Company’s registrars (Nigeria and South Africa) to ensure the maintenance of a true and accurate register of members
- Facilitate prompt payment of dividends, dispatch of bonus certificates and notices to shareholders and other corporate actions by the registrars in compliance with regulatory stipulations
- Ensure that pertinent shareholder information supplied are timeously updated particularly as relates to the e-dividend database update
- Facilitate publication of Management approved notices to be placed in the national dailies
- Assist the Governance Manager with the preparation of the Annual Budget review for the Governance Office and keep track of the actual expenses against budget
- Act as a first line response and oversee the Complaint Management Framework of the NSE with a view to resolving all complaints in accordance with the Oando Complaint Management Policy
- Respond directly to shareholder requests/enquiries and escalate appropriately (where necessary) while monitoring resolution of such requests/enquiries escalated to the Registrars or other relevant parties
- Liaise with the Strategy Office, Head, Institutional Investor Relations and/or Corporate Communications team with respect to information to be disseminated to retail investors
- Summarize Group Governance policies into bite-size pieces to increase awareness of policies across the Group and key external stakeholders
- Register all new vendors and undertake procurement related activities on Oracle.
- Primary responsibility for updating Vendor data management issues on Oracle as requested from internal customers.
- Responsible for all administrative matters relating to the Oando Housing Scheme at Satellite Town
- Ensure contracts comply with the company’s Delegation of Authority, governance policies and anti-corruption best practice
- Advise staff/ user departments / contract owners of the governance requirements of contracts and follow-up on compliance.
- Perform all other functions as may be assigned by the CCO & CS, Head Governance and Governance Manager from time to time.
Key Performance Indicators
- Quality and comprehensiveness of corporate information/data
- Accuracy & timeliness of minutes and other outcomes of meetings and board resolutions
- Cost effectiveness of AGMs, EGMs etc.
- Internal Customer satisfaction levels
- Adequacy and effectiveness of the provision of necessary support, information etc. to the Board of Directors
- Timely corporate filings in all jurisdictions with zero occurrence fines and penalties for late filings.
Also Apply For: First Bank of Nigeria Limited Recruitment (5 Position)
- First Degree in Law or any relevant Business qualification. Professional qualifications such as ICSA, ACA.
- A Certification in Ethics & Compliance would be an added advantage.
- 2 years relevant work experience assisting in the administration of a company secretarial, ethics and compliance department.
- Exhibits Oando Core Values
- An up to date understanding of good practice in corporate governance
- Ability to research and interpret regulations and laws and also quickly understand and apply policies and procedures
- Ability to design processes and evaluate the effectiveness of controls
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Good planning & organizational skill
- Attention to detail and the ability to quickly assimilate and manage new information
- PC literacy in Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Customer focused & customer service oriented
- Strong interpersonal Skills
- Multitasking capabilities with minimal error rates
- Understanding of Oil & Gas Industry history and dynamics
- Knowledge of the local, state, national and international laws and regulations pertaining to the various industries in which the Group’s businesses operate
- Ability to perform basic/general legal analysis
- Ability to prepare written communications for internal audiences.
Application Closing Date
Also Apply For: Ascentech Services Limited Recruitment (8 Positions)
How To Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
If you think this job post can be helpful to someone else, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, LinkedIn or Telegram using the buttons below. Thank you