Moniepoint Microfinance Bank is the first choice bank for small and medium-sized businesses in Nigeria and was licensed by the Central Bank of Nigeria on February 2022. See more Moniepoint Job vacancies Here >>
Moniepoint Recruitment is to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Compliance Officer
Location: Lagos (Remote)
Employment Type: Full Time
Also Apply For: Nestle Nigeria Plc Job Recruitment 2023 (2 Positions)
- As the Chief Compliance Officer, you will plan and direct programs, policies, and practices to ensure that all business units’ activities are in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- You will be responsible for implementing mechanisms and processes to ensure that the organization complies with all the relevant laws and regulations.
- The role involves keeping track of laws and regulations that might affect the organization’s policies and implementing necessary changes.
- This is a leadership role where you will be required to design, communicate, and executes initiatives designed specifically to promote awareness and understanding of compliance, quality issues, applicable laws and regulations, reporting requirements and the consequences of non-compliance.
- The ideal candidate will be part of the leadership team, making key decisions around processes and business impact.
What you’ll get to do
- Develops and champions an organization-wide strategy and vision for compliance and quality consistent with TeamApt’s strategic goals and mission and creates a comprehensive and effective execution plan to support successful implementation.
- Develops an effective compliance, quality education and training program, including introductory training for all new employees, ongoing training for all employees and supervisors, and specialized training as needed.
- Designs, communicates and executes initiatives designed specifically to promote awareness and understanding of compliance, quality issues, applicable laws and regulations, reporting requirements and the consequences of non-compliance.
- Ensures alignment of quality improvement and compliance initiatives with the organization’s strategic plan and directs the day-to-day execution of strategies and tactics implemented to improve outcomes and results for both the organization and the people we support and regularly evaluates for potential efficiencies and improvements.
- Promotes an awareness and understanding of positive ethical and moral principles, consistent with the mission, vision and values of TeamApt.
- Works closely with TeamApt Network Leadership in the establishment of key performance indicators (KPIs) and monitors trends to evaluate effectiveness, reliability and efficiency of operations and makes recommendations for improvement, process redesign, etc. Directs or participates in the review, investigation and analysis of incidents for risk and adverse event identification.
- Recommends interventions which will enhance the safety and well-being of people we support, staff and the organization at large and mobilizes departmental or administrative support to identify and address risk areas.
- Establishes and enforces policies, procedures and controls that ensure agency-wide compliance with all Federal, State, Local and other relevant regulatory agency requirements and cooperation with appropriate entities in any audit, survey, inquiry or investigation across all states of operation.
- Develops, disseminates and interprets compliance policies and standards consistent with laws and regulatory requirements, which promote the organization’s commitment to compliance and business integrity.
Also Apply For: PalmPay Limited Recruitment 2023 (16 Positions)
- Maintains an awareness of laws and regulations and regularly monitors regulatory requirements to keep abreast of changes that may affect TeamApt’s services or operations, and provides timely information regarding analysis and recommendations of regulatory changes and their impact on operational leaders.
- Ensures efficient processes for documenting all compliance, quality, incident management and safety-related initiatives and activities, as appropriate or required.
Establishes methods to leverage best practices, monitor adherence to policies, procedures, and legal/regulatory requirements and leads efforts to identify and evaluate exposures and correct defective processes.
- Collaborates and coordinates with administrators and other departmental leaders on all risk management issues and designs, coordinates and informs various aspects of safety and risk management programs for the entire TeamApt team.
- Conducts periodic risk assessments to determine compliance priorities and utilizes findings to inform decision-making, develop strategies to mitigate risk and establish goals to address areas of concern.
- Facilitates and oversees regular internal and external audits, risk analyses and compliance reviews (billing/fiscal and regulatory) to ensure the organization’s adherence to established policies, procedures, laws and regulations, identifying areas for improvement and ensuring readiness for regulatory audits and surveys, including those determined by relevant Regulators.
- Designs and leads performance improvement projects to assure milestones and KPIs are met within defined parameters.
- Serves as the primary resource for the organization on complex compliance, quality, incident management and ethics matters and sits on committees as assigned or as necessary, including chairing the compliance committees.
- Provides oversight and supervision to compliance and quality teams and participates in the recruitment, retention, assessment and development of qualified and effective staff to support compliance, quality and ethics-related activities across the organization.
- Develops and manages departmental budget, leading cost-efficient and effective operations and ensuring that operations are within budgetary guidelines, periodically provides education to the Board of Directors and updates to the Board or a sub-committee thereof.
- Performs all related work, as assigned.
To succeed in this role, we think you should have
- 10+ years industry experience in compliance, or regulatory functions.
- Prior experience as an acting CCO or in a similar capacity
- Understanding of licensing processes for fintechs and banks.
- Experience in working with the CBN and Regulators
- Solid experience in working with a functioning board
- Strong knowledge of the financial service industry and regulatory environment is a plus.
- Knowledge of general Anti-Money Laundering (AML) principles including, CIP/KYC principles.
- Experience in project management.
- Strong ability to interpret laws and regulations and succinctly communicate that information to management.
- Ability to research and analyze regulatory issues and changes as they relate to operating subsidiaries and businesses.
- Highly attentive to details.
Application Closing Date
Also Apply For: Konga Nigeria Recruitment (3 Positions)
How To Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
If you think this job post can be helpful to someone else, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, LinkedIn or Telegram using the buttons below. Thank you