Job Title: Corporate Communications Associate I
Payment: $20.77 an hour
Location: Work from Home Job
Full Job Description
- Develops, writes and researches press materials; news releases, media alerts, media advisories, pitches, pitch letters, content and press kits for local, national and international media.
- Maintains patient/story database for assigned areas.
- Assists in media training for physicians and other employees in preparation for media interviews.
- Performs research for articles, releases, scripts, columns, content and media tips for distribution to media.
- Interviews Cleveland Clinic physicians and employees to obtain information for media and content opportunities.
- Collects relevant information and independently writes and edits press releases, articles and content.
- Follows up with media regarding pending releases as assigned.
- Develops daily and long-term content for breaking news, daily news and trends for assigned areas.
- Works collaboratively with media team members to coordinate across broadcast, print and digital media.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing, Communications or related field.
- None required
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment, and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Minimum of two years experience in media relations, public relations, communications or related field with research, extensive independent writing, editing and proofreading of press releases, media alerts and articles.
- An additional five years of progressively responsible experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- Ability to perform work in a stationary position for extended periods.
- Ability to travel throughout the hospital system.
- Ability to operate a computer and other office equipment.
- Ability to communicate and exchange accurate information.
- In some locations, ability to move up to 15 lbs.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Also Apply for Assistant Editor at Cricket Media, Remote Job – $18 an hour
Minimum hourly: $20.77
Maximum hourly: $31.68
The pay range displayed on this job posting reflects the anticipated range for new hires. While the pay range is displayed as an hourly rate, Cleveland Clinic recruiters will clarify whether the compensation is hourly or salary. A successful candidate’s actual compensation will be determined after taking factors into consideration such as the candidate’s work history, experience, skill set, and education. This is not inclusive of the value of Cleveland Clinic’s benefits package, which includes among other benefits, healthcare/dental/vision and retirement.
If you think this job post can be helpful to someone else, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, LinkedIn or Telegram using the buttons below. Thank you