Hello humans. We are thrilled to welcome you all of the Verge Most important relaunch ever. You’ll notice that a lot has changed, and that includes our commenting system!
We are proud to launch again ledge comment on coral platform: A powerful tool for the best experience in building and commenting communities. If you are a commenter polygon either sb nation, you have already seen coral in action. We are really grateful to our friends from the Corel team that they worked with us to create a great commenting system The verge.
We think about comments very, they are an important part of ledge From day one, and we’re grateful to our loyal community, that continues to participate in the site in fun, surprising and insightful ways. We know that Corel will help us comment ledge Even better. The tools of the system will help you, ledge Our exceptional team of staff, and moderators, correct one comment at a time on the Internet.
Of course, this is just day one of our relaunch. Our vision for the site, commenting system, and our overall community is much bigger than what you see here today. From live events to merchant and new surprises, we’ve been thinking a lot about how to bring ledge world in a new way. We’ll have a lot more to say about all of this as the site continues to grow and develop.
Anyway, that’s enough from my side. You probably want to know what the new toy does!
Here are some cool things you can do in the new ledge Comments now:
- New comment view. When you click to go to the comments on an article, the commenting experience now slides off the edge of your screen on desktop or takes up the entire window on mobile. (Fancy!) This will let everyone focus a little more on the conversation without having to scroll or jump to the bottom of the article. Other than that, it just looks neat.
- Featured Comments. On both the moderator and our editorial team ledge Will be more involved in bringing out and displaying the best comments on the site. You’ll start to see the comments we think are the best – perhaps because they’re hilarious, smart or unique – will be the first comments you see on our stories.
- embed. Now you can easily drop things like Tweets and YouTube videos into posts. And we’re launching with access to the GIF library from inside the comment editor.
- sorting. Oof. You can now sort comments by latest, oldest, most recommended or most active.
- Muting. If you’re tired of another user and don’t want to see their comments, you can mute them. Click on their username on any comment and select the “Ignore” button.
- better reporting. Corel comes with some advanced reporting tools that will help you and us identify comments that violate our Community Guidelines.
If you have. there is no comment history with ledge, you will also see that it is missing. Don’t worry, it’s just temporary; Your comments will be migrated to the new system soon. You can now access your comments through the My Profile tab inside the comments section of any article.
We’re excited to go back in the comments and engage with readers. There can be a lot of noise in places like Twitter and Facebook, and we’re still committed to having a conversation. ledge Better than the Internet’s fever swamp. That’s why we’ve updated our community guidelines to reflect our thinking about comments: as a fun, interesting, and respectful place.