Just a week after its release, Nintendo has released a new update for its latest first-party title splatoon 3,
It extends the game to version 1.1.1 and includes a lot of changes. There are splatfests, player controls, adjustments to the game’s multiplayer – including salmon runs, story mode adjustments, and more.
You can get the full details in the patch notes below, courtesy of Nintendo’s official support page:
See. 1.1.1 (Released on September 15, 2022)
Change in Splatfests
- The rate of tricolor war incident has been adjusted. From the point of view of the rescuers, they will trigger somewhat less frequently than before.
change player controls
- By performing a certain input while charging the Squid Surge it was possible to jump farther than usual with the Squid Roll, correcting an issue.
- Fixed issues that appeared when playing for a long time without closing the software, such as shots from the player’s main weapon not firing correctly.
- Fixed an issue where the player could move through the surface of the water or stand on the water when rapidly moving. For example, when performing a dodge roll with splat duelies.
change to multiplayer
- Fixed an issue when the connection environment caused connection errors with high frequency at the end of the fight.
- Fixed an issue with blowblowers where the collision detection of the third and fourth drops of a single volley became too small.
- Fixed an issue where cash and experience were not being awarded in certain situations when battles ended early due to a lack of players.
- Fixed an issue where, in some modes, one player would be unable to cancel matchmaking when not enough other players had gathered. The matchmaking will now be automatically canceled after a certain amount of time has elapsed.
- Fixed an issue at Sturgeon Shipyard in which it was possible for some to enter past the drawbridge.
Salmon run changes
- Fixed an issue when the connection environment caused connection errors with high frequency at the end of jobs.
- Fixed a problem with mudmouth explosion incidents in which mudmouths moved unexpectedly.
- Fixed an issue that caused some players with the same title to be considered “ranked supporters” and not receive rank points.
- Fixed an issue where sustained damage to a submerged maw with certain weapons would cause the game to crash.
- Fixed an issue where players were getting stuck in platform terrain.
- Fixed an issue where, at the end of a fight, the amount of Grizko Points earned would be shown to be less than the amount actually added to save data, which led to cases where the player could not collect rewards.
- Fixed an issue where messages at the beginning of Wave 3 could change depending on whether King Salmonid would appear.
story mode change
- Fixed an issue where, after clearing the final stage, a communication error would occur in the middle of a certain scene and return the player to square one.
- Post-clear cutscenes can be seen by clearing the last step again.
- In cases where this error occurred, the last step is considered cleared, and the step can be skipped from the pause menu when trying again.
- Fixed an issue when starting the game for the first time in which the game could get stuck and not progress past a black screen after screen where yellow and blue ink mix together.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused the game to not progress while downloading battle replays.
- Fixed an issue with the game crashing when the schedule was updated when trying to connect with a friend.
- Fixed a rare issue where the game would crash while the player was visiting a shop.
- Fixed an issue where a communication error could occur while a player traded in gear at a shop.
- Fixed an issue when a connection error occurred when purchasing a weapon. It appears that a player will not be able to purchase the weapon even though the weapon will be equipped, causing a connection error when the player attempts to engage in a fight.
Since this update patch focuses on changes related to Splatfest and addresses bugs that could have a significant impact on the progress of the game, we prioritized its release.
Please note that the change in tricolor war frequency should be considered as temporary. For now, there will be a few more examples of players choosing to battle the Tricolor, but instead put them in the Battle of the Turf War. Going forward, the Splatfest-matchmaking specifications will continue to be adjusted, and this problem will be fixed. We plan to implement these adjustments with the new season starting in December.
The next patch will mainly focus on balance adjustments and other issues that were outside the scope of the current patch.
We continue to observe and analyze combat statistics and plan to make adjustments at the midpoint of the current season.
It follows the latest update version 1.1. You can find out more about our last post,
Have you downloaded this update yet? Noticed something else? Leave a comment below.