Urgent Job Recruitment at African Union (AU)
African Union (AU), has 55 member states that make up the nations of the African Continent, a continental organization.
It was introduced formally in 2002 as the Organization of African Unity’s replacement (OAU, 1963-1999).
African union is an integrated, prosperous, and peaceful Africa that is led by its own people and serves as a potent force in the international community.
We are hiring for the role listed below.
Job Title: Senior Records Assistant
Requisition ID: 1505
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Reports to: Mail and Records Officer
Directorate/Department: Office of the Legal Counsel
Number of Direct Reports: 0
Number of Indirect Reports: 0
Job Grade: GSA3
Number of Positions: 1
Contract Type: Regular
Purpose of Job
- Responsible for ensuring that in-coming and out-going mails are received and processed accordingly on a timely basis as well as for ensuring that a reliable and efficient filing system is maintained.
- Provide timely operational support
- Implement operational activities as scheduled and report.
- Assist in the follow up on logistical arrangements, activity implementation and provision of updates.
- Liaise effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Follow up meeting decisions and correspondence outcomes and ensure their implementation.
- Prepare routine office communication and assist in compiling data and information for reporting purposes.
- Assist in the creation, improvement and maintenance of record and retrieval systems
- Follow up on provision and maintenance of office facilities and materials.
- Receive, register, process and forward in-coming and out-going mail/correspondence to relevant addressee.
- Scan and digitize in-coming mail and records.
- Sort, organize, maintain, store and retrieve office records accurately.
- Create and ensure appropriate records electronically classification.
- Ensure records categorization according to the File Plan.
- File all physical files including personnel (open and confidential), financial, legal files, and ensure their safe custody.
- Ensure that accurate metadata elements of records are captured for upload onto the electronic records system for electronic filing.
- Create new folders and files and disposal of old files in accordance with the established retention schedule.
- Keep records safe and secure in a proper place.
- Maintain archives, ensure that files are properly stored and accessible
- Maintain a log of all outgoing files to ensure documents are returned in time.
- Service departmental meetings and ensure distribution of working documents to meeting participants.
- Ensure confidentiality and non-disclosure of records.
- Ensure that a reliable, accurate and efficient filing system is maintained in line with the Archives and Records Management Policy.
- Provide answers to queries by searching and retrieval of records.
- Maintain records system of files movements within the office;
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Office Management / Administration or Records Management from a recognized institution with 2 years relevant work experience in Registry/Records Management or clerical duties.
- A Diploma in Office Management / Administration or Records Management from a recognized institution with 3 years relevant work experience in Registry/Records Management or clerical duties.
- Sound planning and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Capacity to work under pressure
- Time management capabilities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and non-disclosure of information.
- Competence in the use of standard software such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Ability to work in multi-cultural team
- Proficiency in one of the African union official working languages (French, English, Portuguese, Arabic) and fluency in another African union language(s) is an added advantage
- Developing others
- Risk Awareness and Compliance
- Teamwork and Collaboration;
- Accountability awareness and Compliance
- Learning Orientation
- Communicating Clearly;
- Trouble shooting
- Job Knowledge and information sharing
- Task Focused;
- Continuous Improvement Awareness;
- Proficiency in one of the African union working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language is an added advantage
Tenure of Appointment
- The appointment will be made on a regular term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve months shall be considered as a probationary period. Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of two years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
- The African union Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Indicative basic salary of US$ 11,071.00 (GSA3 Step1) per annum plus education allowance (100% of tuition and other education-related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of USD $3,300 per child per annum for recruited staff).
Application Closing Date
15th December, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only candidates who have met all the requirements of the post and have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Only applications registered online with a complete curriculum vitae (CV) attached will be considered.
- The Africa Union is an equal-opportunity employer, and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.