Urgent Job Recruitment at African Union (AU)
African union, continental organization made up of the 55 member states that make up the nations of the African Continent is known as the African Union (AU).
As the Organization of African Unity’s replacement, it was formally established in 2002. (OAU, 1963-1999).
African union is an integrated, prosperous, and peaceful Africa that is led by its own people and acts as a powerful force in the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Quality Assurance and Control Officer – Human Resources
Requisition ID: 1509
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Reports to: Head of Quality Assurance and Control
Directorate/Department: Quality Assurance and Control
Number of Direct Reports: 0
Number of Indirect Reports: 0
Job Grade: P3
Number of Positions: 1
Contract Type: Regular
Purpose of Job
- To provide operational and technical support for effective implementations of the objectives of the division.
- Provides technical and intellectual support in the management of various elements related to the area of expertise
- Ensures best practices and monitor effectiveness of the Office’s support to AU.
- Assists in the development of the strategies and business continuity plan and participate in/ensure their implementation
- Fosters and participates in the implementation of initiatives related to area of specialization;
- Assists in the organization of thematic networks, consultations and meetings on development cooperation and international relations.
- Develops materials and provide necessary training and support to Organization Units as required.
- Provides technical guidance on matters relating to system review and implementation project in area of specialization, as required.
- Reviews Human resources files on whether they meet quality Standards and offer technical advice on how to handle the posed situations for informed decision making
- Plans and conducts analytical programmes of Human resources management and administration and ensure compliance to the existing staff rules and regulations
- Provides guidance and advice to other departments, field experts, etc., in the planning, operation and evaluation of Human resource programmes and projects;
- Formulates and implements the research programs and disseminate findings and formulate recommendations to address the main inefficiencies
- Manages databases and ensure timely collection and dissemination of data;
- Works collaboratively with other colleagues to achieve organizational goals;
- Ensures the quality of collected data for accuracy, consistency and comparability;
- Develops new or improved statistical methods and quantitative models for analyses and projections;
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Head of Quality Assurance and Control.
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
- A Master’s Degree in Human Resources Management, or related fields with seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience as Human resource management expert / Specialist or related area out of which three (3) years should be at expert / specialist level. Membership to the relevant professional body is an added advantage.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Human Resource Management with ten (10) years relevant experience out of which three (3) years should be at expert/specialist level. Membership to the relevant professional body is an added advantage.
- Interpersonal skills
- Planning and organizational skills
- Ability to negotiate diplomatically
- Ability to delegate the appropriate responsibility, accountability and decision-making authority with regard to performance management and professional development
- Proficiency in one of the AU official working languages (French, English, Portuguese, Spanish and Arabic) and fluency in another AU language(s) is an added advantage.
- Strategic Insight .
- Change Management.
- Managing Risk
- Building Relationships
- Accountable and Complies with Rules
- Learning Orientation
- Communicating with Influence
- Conceptual thinking
- Job Knowledge and information sharing
- Drive for Result
- Continuous Improvement Orientation
- Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language is an added advantage
Tenure of Appointment
- The appointment will be made on a regular term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve months shall be considered as a probationary period. Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of two years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
- The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Indicative basic salary of US$ 37,453.00 (P3 Step1) per annum plus other related entitlements e.g. Post adjustment (46% of basic salary), a Housing allowance of US$ 22,932.00 (per annum), and education allowance (100% of tuition and other education-related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of US$ 10,000.00 per child per annum), for internationally recruited staff and a maximum of $3,300 per child per annum for locally recruited staff.
Application Closing Date
15th December, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only candidates who have met all the requirements of the post and have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Only applications registered online with a complete curriculum vitae (CV) attached will be considered.
- The Africa Union is an equal-opportunity employer, and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.