(NEXSTAR) — As it continues to face financial uncertainty, home goods chain Bed Bath & Beyond is preparing to close 150 stores and cut about 20% of its workforce. The retailer has released a list that has identified more than a third of its stores to be closed in the coming weeks.
Bed Bath & Beyond announced it Plan to close 150 well-known stores in AugustDirector and interim CEO Sue Grove called it a “back to basics” philosophy with the aim of allowing the company to better serve customers and focus on driving growth.
At the time, the company estimated that the cuts would save $250 million in its current fiscal year. A few days after the decision was made public, Bed Bath and Beyond CFO Gustavo Arne Downtown Manhattan falls from skyscraper And he was declared brought dead at the scene.
As of May, Bed Bath & Beyond operated 955 stores: 769 preowned stores, 135 BuyBuy Baby stores, and 51 stores under the names Harmon, Harmon Face Value or Face Value.
This week, Bed Bath & Beyond was released List of 56 shops Which are set to close, all of which are Bed Bath and Beyond named stores.
Here is the complete list by state:
- Phoenix: 34750 N. North Valley Parkway
- Tucson: 5225 South Calle Santa Cruz
- Burbank: 201 East Magnolia Blvd.
- Lakewood: 75 Lakewood Center Mall
- Larkspur: 2601 Larkspur Landing Circle
- Marina: 117 General Stillwell Drive
- Palmdale: 39421 10th Street West
- Redding: 1140 Hilltop Drive
- San Leandro: 15555 East 14th Street, Suite 240
- Santi: 9918 Mission Gorge Road
- Stamford: Ridgeway Shopping Center, 2275 Summer Street
- Waterford: 850 Hartford Turnpike
- Sanford: 111 Town Center Blvd.
- Sunrise: 12801 W. Sunrise Blvd., Anchor C
- Snellville: Presidential Market Center, 1905 Scenic High Suite 5000
- Suwanee: 2623 Peachtree Pucca
- Bourbonnais: 2056 North State Route 50
- Carbondale: University Mall, 1265 E. Main Street
- Fairview Heights: Fairview Center, 6611 N. Illinois
- Gurney: 6132 Grand Avenue, Gurney Mills Mall
- Juliet: 2850 Plainfield Road
- Schomburg: 915 East Golf Road
- Dubuque: 2475 NW Artery
- Waterloo: 1522 Flamang Drive
- Bossier City: 2900 Meadow Creek Drive
- Dorchester: 8B Allstate Road, Suite 1
- Milford: 230 Fortune Boulevard
- Seekonk: 35 Highland Avenue
- Chesterfield: 50551 Waterside Drive
- Farmington Hills: 31075 Orchard Lake Road
- Northville: Northville Retail Center, 17223 Haggerty Road
- Walker: Green Ridge Square, 3410 Alpine Ave NW
- White Lake Twp.: 9050 Highland Rd.
- St. Cloud: 3959 Second Street South
- Flanders: 30 International Drive, Suite 1
- Manalpan: 13 Route 9 South
- Paramus: 34 E Ridgewood Avenue
- Farmingdale: 251 Airport Plaza Blvd.
- Middletown: 470 Route 211 East, Suite 3
- Mount Vernon: 500 East Sandford Blvd.
- New Hartford: 4805 Commercial Drive
- Plattsburgh: 73 Center Drive, Suite 100
- Sparks: 195 Los Altos Pkwy
- Charlotte: The Arboretum, 3413 Pineville-Matthews Road
- Cincinnati: 3681 Stone Creek Blvd.
- Hamilton: Bridgewater Falls, 3451 Princeton Road
- Parisburg: 10027 Fremont Pike
- Sandusky: 4020 Milan Road Unit # 910
- Beaverton: 2780 SW Cedar Hills Blvd.
- Wynnewood: 70 E. Wynnewood Boulevard
- Bayamon Plaza Del Sol, 725 West Main Avenue
- Port Arthur: Central Mall 3100 Hwy 365 Suite 114
- Wichita Falls: 3201 Lawrence Road Suite A
- Christiansburg: 135 Shoppers Way NW
- Leesburg: 532 Fort Evans Road
- Lakewood: 5830 Lakewood Towne Center Blvd., SW
Bed Bath & Beyond did not immediately respond to Nexstar’s request for additional information, including when these stores will close, other stores about to close, and how many employees will be affected.
In addition to the store closures, the company said last month that it would shift its core strategy to focus on national brands instead of pushing its store labels.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.